Sunday, February 20, 2011

Cleaning and sorting

Woohoo! I don't have to drive with the DOT to get my license. I scraped through Driver's Ed with a 90%. It was a good day when I didn't see that stamp on the top.

I spent the better part of today rearranging my room. It's been the same since I moved in, and I felt it was time for a change. This also gave me a chance to sort through my multitude of colored pencils, paints, markers, and other stuff that I've hoarded since I was about 6. I still have a load of crayons from my very early years in the special Crayola anniversary tin. Like I'm ever gonna get rid of those!

So all of the pencils are sorted, and resharpened. I've rediscovered my charcoal pencils, and my watercolor pencils my mom gave me last spring for my birthday. Everything got a good sharpening (of course, it gave me three huge sore spots on my fingers. I sharpened about 50 pencils in a row, and that's not counting when they broke on me.) I've also found some of my cute erasers. I love erasers, and some of them actually have stories to them. I have one shaped like a hotdog that my violin teacher gave me one christmas. Another is shaped like a seal that I named Fredrick, and then there's one shaped like a koala.

Anyway, it was really nice finally clearing off my desk to be able to USE it. It's looks really ugly though, because I've had it covered with a cloth for the past 3 years. It still has all of my 8th grade scrawl all over it. Once the weather turns nice, I'm going to drag it outside and give it a well deserved spray job. The particle board won't hold up well to spills if it's not sealed.

Filming went pretty good, until the dog got loose. Thank god Travis went after him, or we'd probably have never caught him. Poor guy ended up totally winded afterwards, and my friend Shay rebroke his toe. Luckily there were no other injuries that day, but everyone was pretty miserable. We're about half way done, and hopefully it'll be nice weather on the 1st so we can finish up.
The artshow was moved to Friday, so I have a bit more time to finish the skirt, but I'm just going to get everything done tomorrow to save me the trouble of the wednesday night rush. The wind up box is giving me the most trouble. We couldn't find ratchet toy, so I have to build it myself, and I don't have that much room to do anything. This is why the milk jug and dowels were invented.

I finally showed Mrs.H the catalog my grandmother sent me for christmas: Cheap Joe's Art Stuff. They sell a lot of the stuff we need for way cheaper than she can get off of the Blick Catalog (we're talking the better difference of $30 on a 72 pack of Prisma Colors. They are absolutely divine colored pencils to work with. They're REALLY amazing) They also have tons of helpful guides on how to buy canvas and paper, and a whole array of really pretty watercolors. There's also a drawing table I'm eyeing, but maybe when I get a job and can pay for it myself. One can only hope. I have a list started up already, so I know what I want.

In Chait Gallery news, I really REALLY need to get down to Blick to get a print. I've heard they're about $120. Since it's turned out so well, my original price was going to be about $200, but since it's so much more to print it, I'm probably going to go up. I don't know how much. Mrs.H wasn't to much of a help when I asked her about it. I've started working on an acrylic painting with some canvases me and Mommy picked up at Michaels for pretty cheap. It's mapped at least. Now I just need some better acrylics to work with than I have. I have all of the primary colors, and black. Wish I could find my white, but I think it's in the shop. Oh well.

All of my work with BoX has been going pretty smoothly. I finished the brochure, and my business card is already done, so I started working on the letterhead. The website will never be done. It'll be pretty hectic, especially because I need to get the domain name and server space and all that. Thank goodness my parents have friends with servers.

I'll post some more of my old sketches on Tuesday, when I finally have access to a computer, including the infamous "rabbit lady". She's my inspiration for an animated music video I'm going to finish someday. It's to a german song by Wir Sind Helden, called Nur Ein Wort. The rabbit lady is going to be in the part when they say "Wenn hinter deinen stillen Hasenaugen die Gedanken rasen" which means "behind your silent rabbit eyes your thoughts are racing". Definitely one of my favorite songs.

Ciao!

No comments: